Friday, October 31, 2008

 

GRAD SCHOOLS FOR BRATS


I just got back from looking at MFA programs in art practice in California--UCSD, UCLA, CCA, and Stanford. Here's what I wrote a good friend about it:
"If I went to stanford for grad school all I would do is roll in dust and smash lizards w/ rocks!!!! If I went to CCA for grad school I would only wear really dressy refined professional garb and type w/ my pussy for my art projekks!!!! If I went to UCLA I would become the master farter and probably a notorious drunkk!!! If I went to UCSD I would make a lot of friends but never go out w/ them and probably make out w/ under 21s!!!!!!!!!! these schools are all on point. "

Still, UCLA seemed really prima-donna-y, mainly the professors and the administrators in the grad art dept. the dude who gave the CCA tour was 25 mins late, which is totally busted. It took me an hour to find parking and the art office at stanford, which was a hoot--I like how that school sassed me. The woman showing me around UCSD's grad art dept. reminded me of a cross b/w dolly parton and a crow. On point.

Still haven't decided if I'll apply or not--probably won't so I can have another year to make some art I'm feeling. Still reading de bord and derrida and getting new ideas. . . and we shall see about pursuing computer science at umbc--got to take like 49 credits to enroll in the masters program. . . time will tell. . .

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?